Friday, July 30, 2010

Teaching an Old Dog (that would be ME) New Tricks: Starting to Learn How to Import

In advance of trip to Ho Chi MInh City with a dear friend, I am trying to learn something about Importation and am now getting a headache.

For the same item, tariff (that's duties, I think) is different if male or female.

When I called my friend at TNT Express,

1. There are many sizes of Balikbayan box but the standard is 30in x 30in 30in;

2. I need to get the Harmonised Tariff System (HTS) code to determine the tariff that will apply to the item I am importing;

3. For air, weight and volume matters as airlines charges the higher of the two, and so many more things to find out.

Maybe will just run to the nearest Fedex or DHL office but then again, are they not the most expensive shippers? How about consolidators shipping balikbayan boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.