Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Mother of All ToDo Lists

If you are like me. I keep on making ToDo Lists week-in, week-out and what usually happens on Mondays is that I transfer most of Last week's ToDo list into This Week's ToDo List.

On top of that, I have a Nokia E72 smartphone and a Sony-Ericcson K750i cellphone that have their own versions of ToDo List with different View Modes to look at your ToDo List.

My Moleskin Diary also has a planner (which is another name for a ToDo List). Stop..Stop...Stop


I read in John Maxwell's book "Today Matters" and in it is a ToDo List by a certain Ivy Lee and this is how it works:

1. List the 6 Most Important things you have to do today (not 60, not 600);

2. Number them 1 to 6 with 1 being the most important;

3. Just Do It!

4. It does not matter whether you finish all 6. If you only did 4, it is OK as it would be the 4 most important tasks that got done.


The important thing to remember the 6-Item ToDo List is that you have the discipline TO DO IT!!!

We have a tendency to become experts in making ToDo Lists rather than getting things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.