Monday, July 12, 2010

Profitable Business For Sale as Owner's Kids Do Not Want to Continue the Business

Yesterday while I was posting to my blog at the usual coffee shop, the Coffeebreak, I met the Marketing Head of one of the more established consumer goods companies in the Philippines.

Actually he could not connect to the internet. I offered to help but I did not know how to activate his WIFI. Anyway, we got to talking and he told me about his current employer, one of the established manufacturing companies in the the Philippines and count amongst their customers the country's top supermarket chains like SM Supermarket (Supervalue), Puregold, Waltermart and Rustan's.

Here lies the problem: The owner is below 50 but because his kids do not want to run the business, he is considering selling it as he is concerned who will succeed and my new friend, the marketing guy, was asking me to help him sell it to one of the bigger supermarket chains.

Isn't it sad that a company that took years to build and has established customers how has to be sold because the owner has nobody in his family to pass the business to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.