Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Competitor for a Franchise is the Franchisor's Company-Owned Outlet

courtesy of dunkin donutI have always wanted a Dunkin Donut franchise especially the Kart type with 2 or 3 tables-- sort of a budget Coffee shop.

I love Starbucks but I also LOVE Dunkin Donut brewed coffee even if it is just prepared using the Bunn Pourover Coffeemaker. On a field trip to the Gourmet Cafe in Tagaytay as part of my Coffeeshop seminar by the Technology and Livelihood Resource Center, the Gourmet Cafe guys claim they are the ones preparing and roasting Dunkin Donut's coffee beans.

Besides, what else goes with donuts than brewed coffee.

I also thought that Dunkin Donut has longevity as a product. It is the perennial PASALUBONG (BRING HOME) food for many a weary mom and dad. It brightens one day to be able to munch and they are reasonable priced thought they just raised prices to P12 (20%).

A friend of mine representing a small mall under construction in a high-pedestrian and high-vehicular traffic area offered me a 12-sqm space --- just right to set up a Dunkin Donut kart with 3 or 4 round tables atop a wooden flooring. (See, I already was sure to get a franchise and was imagining what it will look like)

courtesy of dunkin donut

Sadly, I got a call from Dunkin Donut to say that another Dunkin Donut is being set up and that it is company-owned. Am still hoping they will allow me to set up inside the mall but.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.