Saturday, May 21, 2011

Milko Bows Out of Our Mall. A Victim of Competition.

courtesy of Milko Ice Cream
I just found out that the Milko Ice Cream stand in our Mall was no longer there.  After about 3 years of operation since the time the Mall opened, they finally had called it quits. 

It is sad because I knew the people manning the Milko stand.  I used to buy two orders of 2-scoops for my staff of 2 especially when it became hot in our part of the Mall.  According to my operator, the girls still do not have a job.

During their first year when Milko was selling at P10 per cone, they were selling up to P12,000 per day!!! Then, they had to raise prices to P12 per cone just about the time that Mang Inasal across the Milko stand started offering their own Pinoy Ice Cream at P10 per cone.  That was when Milko sales crashed to just P8,000 per day.

This year, 2011, Pinoy Ice Scramble set-up shop just 2 stalls from the Milko Stand and I think that was what sealed their fate as Pinoy Ice Scramble was selling at P10 and P17 a cup and kids would just flock there.  Compounding Milko's woes were the occasional promotional sales by Selecta and Nestle at P5 per cone and people would really line-up for it.

It really is hard to successfully start a good business only to see it die of natural causes and you cannot seem to do anything about it.

By the way, I would like to invite you to visit my Sulit Homepage as there are some business opportunities that you guys might be able to help me out with.  If you are interested, just click the Sulit Logo below:

My Sulit Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.