Monday, May 23, 2011

IFEX 2011: What Kind of Sea Creature is a Nemipterid? What is a Slipmouth?

In serving the Export Market, I learned that one has to adopt the standards of your target market, obviously. I came across this booth selling delicacies. For local markets, their packaging was just to place them in plain translucent plastic but for the export market, they had to use more attractive packaging and they had to change or translate the name of the product to something that can be understood by foreign buyers.

In answer to the questions posted in the Post title of this article, "Nemipterid" is the Bisugo fish while the "Slipmouth" is our Sapsap. Somehow, the local names sound more delicious. Nemipterid sounds like a sea serpent in the Pirates of the Carribean.
courtesy of Miki's

By the way, I would like to invite you to visit my Sulit Homepage as there are some business opportunities that you guys might be able to help me out with.  If you are interested, just click the Sulit Logo below:

courtesy of Miki's 
My Sulit Homepage


No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.