Wednesday, May 18, 2011

IFEX 2011: CIVET COFFEE MANIA !!!! What's Civet Coffee?

courtesy of cordillera products
While walking the labyrinthine aisles of the International Food Expo or IFEX 2011 at the SMX, I noticed several booths offering Civet coffee (also called Coffee Alamid) .  From what I gathered during my TLRC Coffeeshop Management course, Civet coffee is coffee beans ingested by the Civet cat (or Musang in Filipino).  Apparently, the coffee beans remain intact even after having been pu-pu'd (excreted by the civet cat) and these coffee beans are then collected , cleaned, roasted and ground into coffee for our coffee-drinking.  Its supposed to have a kinda chocolatey taste.

courtesy of alamid cafe express
During the IFEX 2011, one booth quoted P1,500 per Half-kilo!!!!! A coffee shop in Makati was selling same coffee at P200 a small cup.

courtesy of phil civet coffee
courtesy of Alliance For Progress  MPC Royal Coffee






DEAR VALUED READER:  I appreciate so much your visit to Our Blog and to make Our Blog more relevant and helpful to your needs as a Small Business Owner or would-be Entrepreneur, I would be very happy to hear from you by CLICKING ON THE RED POST TITLE ABOVE AND PUT YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS (on how I can make Our Blog serve you better) ON THE COMMENT BOX THAT APPEARS BELOW THE POST ARTICLE.  Thank you so much.



By the way, I would like to invite you to visit my Sulit Homepage as there are some business opportunities that you guys might be able to help me out with.  If you are interested, just click the Sulit Logo below:

My Sulit Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.