Sunday, May 15, 2011

IFEX 2011: International Food Expo at the SMX

Braving the summer HEAT and the perennial traffic (snail pace is much too fast) on the way to the MOA area, I finally arrived at the SMX to see what was new at the International Food Expo or IFEX 2011.  I was lucky enough to find one parking slot just after the Parking Ticket booth.  I grabbed it right away feeling smug that I did not have to make endless loops around the SMX basement parking area.

Before entering the Exhibition Hall, there were some products feature along the Hallway wall which are vying for the Trend Awards/  Below are pics of only those products that caught my attention:

A number of the offerings under the Trend Awards, I noticed, originated from traditional food fare but with a healthy twist to it.  I was told the Wellness and Health Industry is going to be a big hit.  As people become ever conscious of their health and aware of the ever-spiralling cost of Medical Care, maybe these products are the way to go.  My only concern is that I also noticed that any product that is touted to be health always has to be TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MOST PEOPLE & taste not as good as the traditional item they want to replace and so, very few people buy them.


People love their breakfast Tocino esp with a Healthy Twist


Tuna CHORIZO with my precious sinangag

Can we convince Junior to give-up his Jollibee Chanp or McDo Big Mac for this?

 Antonio Pueo is remembered bec of Spanish Chocolate in the New Year. Now they have Microwave Mug Cake.  Hmmmmmm something intriguing for merienda?
A Weight-Management Snack made of Flowers????



By the way, I would like to invite you to visit my Sulit Homepage as there are some business opportunities that you guys might be able to help me out with.  If you are interested, just click the Sulit Logo below:

My Sulit Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.