Friday, June 18, 2010

How Do Your Customers Remember You?

Do your customers ever remember you at all?

Do they care to remember you at all other than when they need something or you are delayed in your delivery or your product does not work?

Let me tell you a short short story about my Lotto customers:


Last year, a group of holduppers with high-powered guns and grenades attempted to rob the Bank Of The Philippine Islands armored van that just made a pick-up at the mall where my Lotto Outlet was located in.

During the exchange of gunfire with the security guards, one of the holduppers lobbed an RPG (rocker-propelled grenade) at the doors of the armored van. The blast and smoke plus the ratatatat of M16s added to the pandemonium. People were rushing out of the mall.

At this point, the mall management decided to LOCKDOWN the whole mall (close all entrances) as the police believed the holduppers were still hiding inside. My crew got trapped inside as they decided first to shutdown the Lotto terminals and secure the day's sales proceeds.

I was on the way to my Lotto outlet and got a call from my sister saying that there is a shootgout in the mall where my Lotto is situated. After several unsuccessful tries, I managed to reach my supervisor on her cellphone and she was in fear and crying as gunfire and explosions were happening around them.

When finally I reach the mall, I could go as far as the entrance as the mall was still on LOCKDOWN. The touching is that I started receiving numerous text SMS messages from my Lotto customers inquiring how are my two girls (crew): are they safe? where are they? Were they able to get out? As I was among the growing crowd milling outside the mall along with the Press and Police, about 2 or 3 Lotto customers accosted me to ask if my Lotto crew was safe and again, if they made it out.

It was really so touching as I used to think my Lotto customers would only be concerned with betting. With their real concerns, I knew right them me, my crew and my beloved Lotto customers were FAMILY!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. as long we give them a good service and keep communicate with them thru simple greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI ROEL. Thank you for your comments.

    I try to treat my customers as FRIENDS. If they buy, that would be fine. If they do not now, they will soon enough but the point is if ever they never buy, I still come out richer with the Life experiences they share with me.

    ReplyDelete

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.