Friday, May 28, 2010

A Hearty Meal but NOT a Hearty Experience

I was so hungry as it was already past 1pm and my stomach was beyond grumbling. After scanning the various food chains hawkiing burgers, fried fanfare and other High-Cholesterol delights, I decided on a popular roasted chicken chain and selected their Hearty Meal (1/4 Roast Chicken, Fresh Fruit Salad, Green Vegie Salad, piece of Muffin & an Upsized Iced Tea - Lite to boot all for P195 which looks kinda pricey but hey, its billed as Healthy.

And now for the Customer Service Experience to make the meal MEMORABLE:

1. I had to stay in line for a while while the cashier was punching somebody else's order even if I was the one in line and when finally it was my turn, she could not get the paper tape to come out;
2. Service was quick as it took only a minute or two from the time I managed to get a seat when the waiter arrived with my order;
3. Food Presentation plays a role and in this case, NOT GOOD as the Lettuce were wilting and the leaf ends were blackening already;
4. When I sliced the Muffin, it crumbled which meant it was dry (maybe a day old or over-baked);
5. I asked the waiter for additional dressing and he said that will be at an Extra Charge. I wanted to say that when I was served, the tiny plastic container with the dressing was half-filled. Oh well, I declined.

The Chicken tasted great but I was looking for a Total Customer Experience and somehow I did not feel I got my money's worth due to disappointments that could have been avoided by the business owner.

All Small business entrepreneurs will have to make sure it is not so much as coming out with a good product that counts but that our customers have a MEMORABLE & PLEASURABLE TOTAL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE from the time they enter our store to the time they leave our premises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.