Monday, May 3, 2010

What it means to Own a House

I remembered 25 years ago on the relief that I got when I finally moved in to my one-storey 3BR house---- it was simply heaven.

No more dreading every end of the month when the landlady/lord would come to collect the month's rent. No more having to move out every so many years to another dreary apartment and watch all your sentimental stuff accumulated over the years get lost or damaged after each house transfer.

My house sits on a 192-sqm lot which during the 80s was considered tiny. Now, you can see Row Houses (aka Barracks) sitting on 30sqm, house and lot on 40sqm and so on. I mean, house and lot packages going for a couple of million pesos where really really tiny. But never mind, so long as one can now have roof over his head that he call his own, nothing else mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.