Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is Skill better than Trust?

Being in a small business that requires my staff to handle cash, I would go for Trust over Skill (or work experience).

I firmly BELIEVE THAT SKILL CAN BE LEARNED BUT TRUST CANNOT. It is either I trust the person or I don't!

Many will shudder at the long learning curve (and its attendant cost of mistakes) as compared to hiring an adept employee but whose Trust Factor is not yet proven. They would say ' we will just put the necessary safeguards to ensure nothing is lost". But isn't prevention better than correction especially in a small business enterprise that is surviving on a slim margin and tight budget?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.