Saturday, June 23, 2012

FOOD CART IDEA. Is It Still Worth It to Have a Coffee Kiosk?

I am a coffee lover.  I cannot start my day without my MUG of JAVA (kape to Pinoys).  I take mine without cream.  Ugh.

I have always dreamed of having my own Coffee shop or Cart but with Starbucks lording it over everyone, is it still viable especially with the high cost of high-pedestrian traffic sites & skyhigh renovation costs?

MAFBEX Delonghi booth showing the latest automatic and semi-auto espresso machines (Mobile 0928 3736019)
Semi-automatic espresso machines are considered better than Fully-auto espresso machines because one can fine-tune the espresso much better.



There were other booths showing coffee machines like San Remo brand etc.

Some things I learned when I enrolled at the Maya Kitchen Coffee Barista 101 course which fortunately was handled by Eric, a former Starbucks Middle East barista and bartender:

1.  Go for the semi-automatic espresso machines

2.  Do not get espresso machines that have an integrated Grinder in the unit itself.  (It may seem cheaper to have a combined Grinder plus Espresso machine rather than buy them separately but in the Combined setup, the heat from the espresso machine will cause the important Coffee oil inside the coffee beans to dry up thereby weakening the aroma of the espresso.

3.  You do not have to buy the best espresso machine BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY THE BEST GRINDER (Marzoli, Eric recommends).  A cheap grinder may have knives that heat-up during use and cause th coffee beans to dry.

4.  DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COPY STARBUCKS' MENU.  If you do, people would rather go to the Original, and not you.


By the way, I would like to invite you to visit my Sulit Homepage as there are some business opportunities that you guys might be able to help me out with. If you are interested, just click the Sulit Logo below:

My Sulit Homepage
By the way, I am conducting a One-on-One Consultation on How to Setup and Operate Your Own Lotto Outlet. Topics include How to Evaluate a Site for Lotto, The Proper Way to Apply with the PCSO, Actual Operations, How to Prevent Fraud, How to Compete Against Other Lotto Outlets and many more. Please allot at least 2 hours for each session. My fee is only P2,000 per person (Group discount available). Just text me your full name and "Lotto Setup" to 0922-8831225 or call 514-2905 for details.

Acquiring a Lotto outlet is a lot cheaper than purchasing a Franchise from Zagu (P320,000) or Siomai House (P250,000) and it is simple to operate.

Latest news: PCSO has lowered the Cash Bond requirement and an individual is now allowed to own 3 lotto outlets.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.