Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SCRAMBLed NEWS: Do You Know You Can Make 60 6oz-Cup of Scramble from One Kilo of Your Own Scramble Premix????

Yup, this is what a supplier of Scramble Premix (Strawberry Classic) told me while I was buying a cup of Scramble from a known-brand Scramble outlet in a medium-size mall in Metro Manila. 

Some more SCRAMBLed TRIVIA:

1.  If you can get 60 6oz-cups of Scramble from a kilo of Scramble Premix and the Premix costs only P100/kg, you could Gross P320 from every kilo as a 6oz-cup of Scramble sells for P7!!!!!

2.  The same Scramble premix supplier was trying to convince me to set-up my own scramble and earn a lot more, instead of getting a franchise.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm What do you think, readers?

3.  In that same mall, there used to be only one Scramble but according to the counterperson of the first outlet, his sales has gone down by about 50% since opening last year BECAUSE THE MALL ALLOWED ANOTHER SCRAMBLE OUTLET TO SET-UP JUST  30 STEPS AWAY.  His daily sales is now only P2,000/day.

4.   The other Scramble outlet (of a known-brand) is run by the owner himself (without any crew to save on costs) and his sales is only P1,500/day.  The owner was telling me he is planning to set-up another outlet in his house across a school but this time, he will use his own Concept (i.e. own name and use premixes etc from third parties).

5.  At the Ever Gotesco Grand Central Supermarket area, there are 4 Scramble outlets, 2 siomai outlets (but there must be about 10 in the whole GRand Central Mall), 2 sisig (sisig in the city pulled out), 2 pearl shakes (Black Pearl and Zagu) etc.

     One of the counterpersons told me that Sales is getting cannibalized and let the strongest survive!!! Woe is the small business owner.

6.  Strangely, the 2 scramble outlets prepared their Scrambles in 2 ways:  One used a Premix while the other mixes-up the different ingredients themselves.  The former claims better shelf life and less wastage while the latter who mixes the individual ingredients claims to have a better product.

7.  Likewise, both outlets crushed ice differently. One uses the P15,000-Automatic crusher which is good for heavy orders while the other uses the Industrial Manual crusher because it gives a more fine mixture.  Which is which?

8.  Some Scramble outlets use Buttermilk ((better tasting) but others use Skim Milk (better texture visually). Which one?

9.  Lastly, Scramble is the Star of the Foodcart business at the moment (Twisted potatoes coming in) but with malls not controlling the number of Scramble outlets in a given selling area, will this be bad for future and existing scramble owners?????  PRETTY SCARY, DON'T YOU THINK?

Let me know YOUR TAKE ON THIS. . . . . . .


If you want to request for further information, send me a message or comment on the above post, please kindly click the "comment" button below this post.

As a NEW FEATURE ON MY NEW BLOG, I am conducting a Reader Survey on "What You Think Is The Hottest Small Business in Manila today". On the Top Right part of this blog is my Survey Poll. Please click your choice as the Best Small Business in Manila and then click "Vote" button.
To see the results of the survey todate, just click the “Show Result” button

1 comment:

  1. I just came by your blog posts and i can say your articles are really interesting, they're just simple but informative. Sir I am a 23 years old, and a registered nurse and bec of the lack of employment opportunities related to my profession I am working now as a call center agent. the idea of setting up my own foodcart came in to mind last year, I invented a new dish and I am really excited to share it with my fellow Filipinos by setting up my own food cart business. But I'm at lost I really don't have an idea especially about the amount I need to raise, most articles in the internet just give vague concepts on how to start and the possible cost needed. Sir I am thinking of renting a standard size space in MRT or LRT, do you have an idea how much would it cost? And how about if I choose a mall, like Ever Grand Central or Victory mall, how much would I need to raise and what permits or papers do I need to acquire so I can start up? thanks sir I hope you could give me an advice on this. More power to your blog site

    ReplyDelete

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.