Friday, November 26, 2010

Another Food Cart Extravaganza at the WTC: The Philippine SME & Franchise Expo 2010

Last November 18, 2010, I was rushing to get to the SMX thinking that this new Franchise Show would be there.  I even felt lucky to find a parking slot as the place was already full despite it being 10am only.  Upon reaching the Ground floor, I was surprised that what was on exhibit was a Car show.  It was then I realized that I was in the wrong place.  It's at the World Trade Center. Jeeeez

courtesy of phil sme & franchise expo 2010    The Philippine SME and Franchise Expo 2010 is probably the third or fourth Exhibit in the last 4 months featuring food cart franchises which seems to be the rage this 2010.

  At the SME Expo, there were about 10 different Scramble franchises and maybe 2 Twistix-style food carts on offer.  I feared that the Scramble business might be getting too crowded especially since it is at every mall and roadside already and people might soon tire of it.

If you remember a few years ago, Pearl Shakes led by Zagu and Orbitz were all the rage and we saw franchise packages reaching P500,000 and there seemed to be a Zagu at every street corner.  Now, Zagu is still there but not as many outlets and Orbitz is just in a few select malls. 

courtesy of phil sme & franchise expo 2010In the coming days, I will feature the different food carts that caught my eye and leave it up to you guys to select what you think is the best. Note that dominant players like Icebreaker Scramble, Buzbox Scramble and Manila Scramble were not present as well as Twisitx.

If you want to request for further information, send me a message or comment on the above post, please kindly click the "comment" button below this post.

As a NEW FEATURE ON MY NEW BLOG, I am conducting a Reader Survey on "What You Think Is The Hottest Small Business in Manila today". On the Top Right part of this blog is my Survey Poll. Please click your choice as the Best Small Business in Manila and then click "Vote" button.
To see the results of the survey todate, just click the “Show Result” button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.