Thursday, August 4, 2011

VCargo: Logistic Provider to the Franchises of the Philippines But I Was A Little Disappointed My Cargo Prospects Were Not Good Enough for Them.

Vintel Logistics or VCargo booth at the AFFI Filipino Franchise
I have been attending almost all the past Franchise Shows and I always see the bright orange and white color scheme that is Vintel Logistics Inc. or for short, VCargo.  Mr. Tibig's story is a story worth emulating as he started small and now has expanded a lot from a small outfit along Canley Road in Pasig to a rented Warehouse at Armal compound (owned by the former Mayor of Pasig) in Raymundo Ave.  also in Pasig City.

They not only are into International forwarding and small cargo handling but they have recently set-up their own franchise product, the VCargo Retail Store, to wit:

1.  Its concept is like the Mail and More (Air21/Fedex) or UPS Store

2.  It will offer Worldwide remittance (thru Western Union), ticketing (Cebu Pacific, Zest Air) and eLoad .

3.  Concepts are mall-based or kiosk (non-mall) with investment outlay I was told for the kiosk at about P600,000.

Being a Logistics man all my life, I wanted to have a small business along the lines of Supply chain or distribution.  I got to know about the VCargo Retail store last year thru Mr. Rock Bullet Pineda of Vintel.  Mr Pineda or Bullet is a great guy to talk to.  He seems to know a lot about Logistics and he is excited about his company.  He told me then that Vintel will still test-market their VCargo store and for me to wait for developments.

And so it was with a certain excitement when I saw in this year's 2011 AFFI Filipino Franchise show that they have finally launched the VCargo Retail store and there lies my big disappointment.

I met a the person manning  VCargo Retail Store booth and we must have talked for about 30minutes or so about:

1. I would like him to email me details about the VCargo Retail store Kiosk-type as I do not have much capital for a mall-based operation

2.  I requested for a quote for an Air freight cargo for VisMIn (Davao, Cagayan de Oro, Surigao) for a client who is into the food supplement business.  I even provided him with the weight, CBM and Length x width x height of the cargo. (I do freelance sales work for logistics companies.)

3.  I also discussed with him about another client, a styro packaging manufacturer, that won the contract to supply the top 3 or 5 fast-food chain stores in country and that I need a quote for 20-footer containerized shipment to VisMin and we are talking about several TEUs a month if VCargo can guarantee excellent lead times and good service.

Why am I disappointed ?  The AFFI was in July 21, 2011 and todate I have not received any quote much less heard from him. I texted him but no reply.   I called VCargo and I told Ms.Maggie Gagalac of my predicament and that if in case VCargo cannot handle my requirement, for VCargo to please let me know by phone or text so that at least I can look for another logistics provider.  Unfortunately, my call to the Ms. Gagalac also proved futile.

In the logistics industry, success is simply being a able to meet a client's standards and a willingness to walk the extra mile.  Hay, this was not the case.  Am sure my case is one of a kind and is in no way reflective of the company as a whole.  Still, I was hoping for a chance to do business with VCargo but maybe somethings were just not meant to be. . . .


UPDATE AUG 11, 2011
I got an email a few days ago from Ms Erica Mae Concepcion of VCargo inviting me to a forum about their new franchise concept.  As for my cargo prospects that am offering Vintel, maybe they too will get in touch with me.  One Lesson I learned is that Opportunities do not wait for me.

UPDATE AUG 19, 2011
Sad but I missed the Forum for prospective franchisees of VCargo held last Aug 16 Tuesday as that happened to be the day when I have to report to PCSO for my weekly Remittance for my Lotto outlet.  I intend to go there on a separate occasion instead.


UPDATE AUG 30, 2011

In hindsight, maybe my Cargo prospects were not interesting enough to meet their qualifications and thus, the lack of interest for said prospects.

For those interested in going into the Lotto Outlet business, I offer a One-on-One Consultation on How to Set-up and Operate Your Own Lotto Outlet.  Topics will include Site Selection, The Proper Way to Apply with the PCSO, How Much to Set-up a Lotto Outlet, Actual Operations, How to Attract Lotto Players, Hiring The Right Lotto Operator and How to Protect Your Business from Fraud and many many more.  I will share with you my Actual Experiences as a Lotto Agent.  My fee is only P2,000 per head.


   If you are interested in availing of my Lotto Consultation, you may text me at 0922-8831225 for details. See ya guys.
By the way, I would like to invite you to visit my Sulit Homepage as there are some business opportunities that you guys might be able to help me out with.  If you are interested, just click the Sulit Logo below:

My Sulit Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Use the Comment Section to request for further information when available or to let me know what you think of the above post. Thank You So Much.